Friday, August 22, 2008

Olympic Spirit

I admit I’m not the TV sport watching type. I more into practicing :D. But it seems that the Olympic fever has contaminated the internet and this virtual world is now filled with movies with touching moments from previous Olympics. One in particular has drawn my attention and I’m ashamed to say that I did not know about it so far. It is about the 1992 Barcelona Olympic 400 meters semi-final race. You can find on YouTube many movies about this event. I present you here one short but still touching movie, so that I won’t bore you.



What does Derek Redmond’s extraordinary experience teach us? It gave me a lot of thinking… It seems it does not really matter to win, but to give all you’ve got, to be the best you can be, not compared to the others. It is important to finish what you have started, despite all the hardships you encounter. It matters to have somebody to help you, and most important, you have to let that someone help you.

No comments: